Uncompromising performance and density
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. The R640 combines density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density
Dell PowerEdge servers are the bedrock of the modern data center. The world leaders in x86 servers,2 PowerEdge servers offer scalability, automation and IT security:
• Maximize performance across a wide range of applications with no‑compromise scalability.
• Simplify server management from deployment to retirement through intelligent automation.
• Protect every phase of the server lifecycle with security that’s built into the hardware and firmware.
Maximize application performance and density
The scalable business architecture of the R640 is designed to maximize application performance and provide the flexibility to optimize configurations based on the application and use case. With the R640 you can create an NVMe cache pool and use either 2.5” or 3.5” drives for data storage. Combined with up to 24 DIMM’s, 12 of which can be PMems or NVDIMMs, you have the resources to maximize application performance with the optimum configuration in only a 1U chassis.
• Simplify deployments and speed deployments with Dell EMC ready nodes for VSAN.
• Maximize storage performance with up to 10 NVMe drives or 12 2.5” drives.
• Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation
Automate maintenance with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R640 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
• Simplify management with the OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
• Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Guard your data center with built in security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server life cycle. The R640 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
• Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
• Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
• Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license). • Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.